Computer scientist located in London, UK, working on static/dynamic program analysis at Meta/WhatsApp.
PhD in formal methods from BME, Hungary.
Former intern at CERN and SRI International.
Feeling the most comfortable at the intersection of theory and practice, where the latest research results come to life in real-world solutions.
Education and Degrees
- 2016 - 2020: Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Computer science PhD, advised by Dr. Zoltán Micskei
Dissertation: Effective Domain-Specific Formal Verification Techniques
- 2014 - 2016: Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Computer Engineering MSc thesis
- 2010 - 2014: Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Computer Engineering BSc thesis
- 2021 - present: Meta/WhatsApp, London, UK, Software engineer
Working on developer infrastructure, including dynamic and static analysis of code.
- 2019 - 2021: Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Assistant lecturer
Involved in research, projects and education at the Critical Systems Research Group.
- 2019: SRI International, New York, USA, Internship (12 weeks)
Formalizing and verifying advanced data structures in Solidity.
- 2018: SRI International, New York, USA, Internship (12 weeks)
Developing solc-verify, a formal verification tool for Solidity smart contracts.
- 2017: McGill University, Montréal, Canada, Research visit (8 weeks)
Working on functional verification for cyber-physical systems.
- 2015: CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, Internship (10 weeks)
Developing code generation in ROOT, a data analysis framework for the experiments.
- 2013: evopro, Budapest, Hungary, Internship (6 weeks)
Modeling and analyzing public transportation networks using Petri nets.
- 2021 - present: Infer
Working on Erlang support, including frontend and analyzers.
- 2021 - present: FAUSTA
Fully automated testing for WhatsApp server.
- 2016 - present: Theta
Generic, modular and configurable model checking framework.
- ICST’22 FAUSTA: Scaling Dynamic Analysis with Traffic Generation at WhatsApp
With K. Mao, T. Kapus, L. Petrou, M. Marescotti, A. Löscher, M. Harman, D. Distefano paper
- ESOP’20 SMT-Friendly Formalization of the Solidity Memory Model
With D. Jovanović paper slides talk
- JAR’19 Efficient Strategies for CEGAR-Based Model Checking
With Z. Micskei paper
- VSTTE’19 solc-verify: A Modular Verifier for Solidity Smart Contracts
With D. Jovanović paper slides
- FMCAD’17 Theta: a Framework for Abstraction Refinement-Based Model Checking
With T. Tóth, A. Vörös, Z. Micskei, I. Majzik paper slides talk
Full list of publications / Google Scholar / dblp
- PC member: WoSoCer’22, FORTE’22, OMBEE’21, FMICS’21, MSR’21-shadow, SV-COMP’21, OMBEE’20
- AE PC member: CAV’22, TAP’21, PLDI’21, TAP’20, VMCAI’20
- Journal reviewer: SQJ’22, STTT’22, IEEE Access’20
- Subreviewer: VMCAI’22, POPL’22, FASE’21, MODELS’20, VSTTE’19, HASE’19, LADC’18, SRDS’17
- Volunteer: DISC’19, AVM’17, SRDS’16, ICACON’15, DSN’13